Where To Buy Travel Insurance in Nigeria
You should always consider buying travel insurance whenever you are going on a trip whether domestic or international. A travel insurance policy will cover you in cases of health issues, cancellations or other unexpected events. Before making an allowance for where to buy travel insurance, you should take the below factors into consideration:
- The cost of your trip- Sometimes unforeseen forces come into play that make you cancel your trip, it’s good to know that you can get your money back.
- The activities you would be partaking in while on this trip- In case you need any special medical attention for any illness or accident.
- The total cost of your property- This is very important for loss of luggage.
What Does Travel Insurance Cover?
A travel insurance policy should basically cover the following
- Trip cancellation – you never know, you just might have to cancel your trip before the travel date. Your insurer can back your travel expenses.
- Delayed departure – you can be compensated if your flight is delayed.
- Loss of Luggage and belongings – the policy should cover loss/damage of luggage or personal possessions. Most insurance companies usually put a limit on the pay-out for individual items.
- Emergency help – most insurance companies offer an emergency helpline.
- Medical cover – you don’t want to end up with a big medical bill if you take ill or have an accident while on holiday, your insurer got you covered.
However, there are premium policies that come with more generous deals but you have to ask yourself if the cover is really necessary. You should choose a cover that suits your basic needs, or you would be paying for insurance that you don’t need.
Where to Buy Travel Insurance.
If you are wondering where to buy travel insurance in Nigeria, then you are in luck as most travel companies will offer you travel insurance when you’re booking a ticket; you will often be asked if you require insurance. So it is a good idea to compare a number of insurance policies before making a final decision. Many insurance companies in Nigeria offer cover for different purposes and most are affiliated to reputable international travel insurance companies. Some of these companies include:
- Zenith Insurance
- Leadway Travel Insurance
- Mansard Insurance
- AIICO Insurance
- Industrial General Insurance
- Cornerstone Insurance
- Mutual Benefits Assurance
- Linkage Assurance
You can check them out and compare prices using our FREE travel insurance quotes engine on this site. Ensure that you avoid waiting till the last minute to buy your insurance, you should have a cover in place should you lose your luggage or have a delayed departure.
Be responsible and take good care of your property while you are on holiday. Avoid leaving your bag unattended, as your insurer can justifiably turn down a cover for claim of theft. Many firms will ask for a police report of any crime.
Also, check your visa and passport deadlines. Make sure to check that your passport is valid for six months after the date you plan to return to your country. Always check if the destinations you are travelling to require a visa, these should take a couple of weeks to sort so you will need to do this early enough to avoid possible confusion during your trip.